Thursday, January 17, 2013

28mm Impetus game

Craig brought his Gauls to face my Carthaginians 400pt forces or it would have been if i could count and in the end it cost me the game, It was a hard fought fun and fast flowing game 


 My forces line up ready for battle, i needed to borrow a couple of elephants from Craig as i had miss calculated my army total 
 Craigs lads are ready for some killing
 I throw double ones on my first turn so miss a turn on my left flank and become incompetent, great my right flank moves off full steam
 

 Craig deploys his skirmishers across the board and send out his cav down his right flank
below my right starts to go all over the place what am i doing 

 i send my slinger out to try and slow Craig down
 Craig is still holding his main forces back one block of foot has just started advancing on my right.
His skirmishes are picking away at my army trying to do as much damage before he unleashes his main forces
 go the chariots we smashed each other and Craig fell back but the next one killed me
 I don't know how many goes i had trying to kill this one guy it didn't die until the very last turn
here they come Craig tries to overwhelm my right flank the Spanish all die in the first charge and he bounces a punic cav
 come my next turn after not killing anything up to this point, i n one turn completely destroy Craigs left flank  my vets take out two stands and the cave take out two before dying taking my army under half because i had mis calculated my numbers ( my mistake)
 Craig's lads are really looking good nice painting Craig
 Craig let my play out the turn i was on after descovering i was under half. It was a great game lots of fun\its a rematch next week

6 comments:

  1. Great game! I love your bases, very interesting and colorful. Very good armies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fab. Big bases are a win in my book, anyway.
    Thanks for sharing!

    Cheers
    SG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fun! Lovely looking armies.

    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  4. That ipad camera is nice and crisp Kent, much better photos than my normal camera (but maybe that is partially operator error too!)

    I was surprised at how quickly my flank folded once your vet general got involved and the flank charge from the Carthaginian Cavalry hit my warband- so much for my flank being protected.

    My plan of holding back the warband and using the skirmisher screen worked much better than I'd hoped for. It was probably the most one sided battle we've fought yet but you almost brought it back with that last round of combat!

    Looking forward to the rematch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great paint work!

    I love Later Carthaginians and Gauls, I have both armies but in 15mm for DBA.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice looking armies, cool report, cheers.

    steve

    ReplyDelete